The hydraulic press is a fantastically useful machine that is simple to operate. Use it to speed up all sorts of jewelry making, like cutting disks, forming metal, creating hollow forms, making quickly repeatable shapes, creating textures and patterns, and even making cuffs.
This one day workshop will introduce you to the press and how you can use it to enhance your jewelry designs.
• About hydraulic presses and options to make one or buy
• About hydraulic press accessories
• How to set up your hydraulic press
• Silhouette dies for hollow forms
• Impression dies for forming shapes
• Using the press with a disc cutter
• Creating texture and pattern with the press
• Making quick shapes with blanking dies
Kit of materials, handout and use of tools included.
If this class is sold out, please email us to be added to the waitlist.
Class policies for refunds, transfers and cancelations.
Students should have basic jewelry fabrication classes, like successful completion of Basic Jewelry 1 or Basic Jewelry 1 & 2. Students should be comfortable with basic skills and have recent practice with soldering jewelry, sawing, filing, bezel setting and polishing.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
|Upcoming Workshop Dates
|Fri. Sep 6||10AM-5PM|