Many of our students dream about making a living by selling their jewelry. It sounds wonderful, but getting from making jewelry to making a living can feel intimidating. Jenn Parnell is here to help you make the leap from hobbyist to professional with lots of info, tips and guidance in this online course series.
This 4 part course with Jenn Parnell is a great way to learn what you need to know to design a jewelry line, create it, how to start up your business, and how to promote your work with marketing.
This course is part of a 4 part series (Design and Prototype; Photography and Social Media; Pricing, Brand and Marketing; and Producing a line). You can take these classes in any order.
Starting your Jewelry Business: Producing a Line teaches the following:
- • Methods for reproduction
- • Outsourcing some of your production including casting, laser cutting, 3D printing, and other services
- • Streamlining your work habits to be time efficient
- • Cleaning, finishing, and using outsourced elements.
- • Integrating and adjusting commercial findings for your line (like posts, clasps, chain, settings, etc.) into your line
- • Mass finishing techniques to speed up polishing
- • One-on-one design review and help
This course is available as a live online class.
A kit of materials is included with this class. Registered students receive a class kit by mail, shipped to the address used for registration. Please be sure to contact us at the time of registration with any updates re: where you want your kit shipped.
This course meets for 6 weeks, 3 hours per week, for a total of 18 hours. Your instructor is also available during free Zoom office hours for questions and help.
About Our Interactive Online Classes
This class is online and uses the Zoom app/website. Through Zoom, you’ll be able to see demos and follow instructions, ask questions and interact with your instructor. Zoom is easy to use and free for students to use for class, and works on most devices, like phones (iphone, Android, etc), tablets (iPads, etc), and computers (Mac or PC).
Each class is also recorded and available for students to watch later, to review instructions or in case you missed a class.
Students work at home or in their studio. All of our recommended tools and the kit materials are chosen to be home studio friendly. We always choose the safest materials, chemicals and tools for you and the environment.
Read what students have to say about our online classes on the testimonials page.
Tools for this Class
This is a list of tools you’ll need to practice the techniques shown in class. A list of tools with recommended suppliers for the best prices will be sent to you after registration If you have questions about the tool list, please contact us.
- Prototypes, molds, or printable computer files of pieces
- Tools you normally use for creating your jewelry pieces.
- Whatever your chosen jewelry medium is- lost wax, metal clay, metal fabrication, beading, etc, you will need all the tools you would normally use. This varies greatly depending on what you make!
- Materials for creating your pieces based on your medium and method of production
- soldering set up
- Third hand
- dremel or flexshaft
- wire cutters
- round/flat forming pliers
- ring mandrel
- xacto or other blade
- Chain or cord for necklaces- your choice
Class policies for refunds, transfers and cancelations.
This class includes creating a jewelry line using your preferred medium and materials, experience with skills related to your chosen area is required. Basic jewelry skills like sawing, drilling, polishing, and soldering are highly recommended.
The class is adaptable to different jewelry mediums, like beadworking, fabrication and setting, casting, wax, laser cutting, enamelling, metal clay, etc.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
Jenn Parnell Kirkpatrick
|Date & Times
|• Wed. Aug 4, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time),|
Wed. Aug 11, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time),
Wed. Aug 18, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time),
Wed. Aug 25, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time),
Wed. Sep 8, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time),
Wed. Sep 15, 6PM - 9PM PT (Pacific Time)
Online Class Sold Out