(place mouse over image for larger view)
Learn how to repair jewelry in this one day workshop.
Being able to repair jewelry starts with good fabrication skills. And to successfully fabricate jewelry, you need to be able to repair mistakes.
This class takes students through common jewelry repair tasks with sample projects, including sizing a ring, sizing a ring with a heat sensitive stone in place, soldering on chain components,, and re-tipping prongs.
• Sizing a ring up and down with soldering.
• Sizing a ring while protecting a heat sensitive component like a stone
• Soldering on chain components like end caps, lobster claws or chain tags
• re-tipping prongs
• Best practices and advice for people aspiring to do jewelry repair
• Kit of materials, handout and use of tools included.
Kit of materials, handout and use of tools included.
If this class is sold out, please email us to be added to the waitlist.
Class policies for refunds, transfers and cancelations.
Students should have taken 2 or more basic jewelry fabrication classes, like successful completion of Basic Jewelry 1 and Basic Jewelry 2, 3 or 4; or Basic Jewelry 1 & 2 and Jewelry 3 & 4. Students should be comfortable with basic skills and have recent practice with soldering jewelry, sawing, filing, bezel setting and polishing.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
|Upcoming Workshop Dates
|Fri. Aug 23||10AM-5PM|