Soldering Beyond the Basics is the companion DVD to the book of the same name. This DVD features thorough demonstrations of precise fabrication of shoulder bezels for faceted stones - making raised bezels that support the stones at custom heights. Joe demonstrates how to easily figure out the size for the outer bezel and inner shoulder, as well as demonstrating lots more techniques.
• Soldering with butane or oxy/propane small torches
• Setting up an oxy/propane torch system
• How to light and adjust oxy/propane torches
• Making shoulder bezels
• Using anti-fire scale fluxes
• Fitting and soldering the bezel to a ring
• Polishing your ring and setting
• Setting the stones
DVD is approximately 90 minutes of demonstrations and information.