(place mouse over image for larger view)
The strength of sterling silver is now part of the Metal Clay family. One of the inherent assets of sterling silver clay as compared to fine silver clay is its post firing strength. Therefore, it is the perfect choice for jewelry that requires forming and shaping after firing: such as cuff bracelets and split rings. Sterling Silver metal clay must be fired in a kiln.
In this class students will learn:
- • all about sterling clay: conditioning, thickness requirements, shaping, pre- and post-firing repair, firing.
- • size cuffs and rings to account for the shrinkage of the clay
- • shape and texture each project
- • proper firing schedule
- • forging and shaping pieces after firing
- • a second firing to add stones and decorative elements to shaped bracelet and ring
Read what students have to say about our online classes on the testimonials page.
A kit of materials is included with this class and will be mailed to you. Please be sure that the address with your payment is the correct one for shipping..
About Our Interactive Online Classes
This class is online and uses the Zoom app/website. Through Zoom, you’ll be able to see demos and follow instructions, ask questions and interact with your instructor. Zoom is easy to use and free for students to use for class, and works on most devices, like phones (iphone, Android, etc), tablets (iPads, etc), and computers (Mac or PC).
This course meets for 2 sessions, 3 hours per session, for a total of 6 hours. Your instructor is also available during free Zoom office hours for questions and help.
Each class is also recorded and available for students to watch later, to review instructions or in case you missed a class.
Students work at home or in their studio. All of our recommended tools and the kit materials are chosen to be home studio friendly. We always choose the safest materials, chemicals and tools for you and the environment.
Tools for this Class
This is a list of tools you’ll need to practice the techniques shown in class. A list of tools with recommended suppliers for the best prices will be sent to you after registration If you have questions about the tool list, please contact us.
- Tools from Metal Clay 1 - Basics class (a list of these tools is included with your registration)
- Bracelet Bending Pliers - Nylon Jaw
- Flat / Half Round Bending Pliers
- Oval Bracelet Mandrel
- Ring Mandrel Chromed
- Deluxe Rawhide Mallet
- Large (8 ½ to 11”) texture mat of low or mid relief texture
- 5 to 8 grams of Art Clay Silver Syringe
A computer, phone or tablet to use the free Zoom app for class
Class policies for refunds, transfers and cancelations.
Advanced- two previous Metal Clay classes required
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA