Lost wax casting is a popular method for making jewelry in the industry, because it lets you reproduce your original designs for a fraction of the cost and time. And a casting service can cast your work for you and deliver finished pieces, including polishing, patina and even some light soldering.
So come and learn how to use lost wax casting methods to reproduce custom parts for your jewelry to fabricate with later, and to cast entire designs, like rings, earrings, and pendants, even with stone settings - and hire someone else to do most of the work for you!
Join Joe Silvera, model maker, lost wax casting instructor, and author of Soldering Made Simple, for this free talk about how you can use lost wax casting to help you make your jewelry.
This talk will cover:
- • options for your original model design
- • ways to use casting to reproduce your own parts or entire jewelry designs
- • finding and working with casters
- • designing your jewelry to make the most of molds and reproduction
- • Q&A - time for you to ask questions
This talk is free and is online through Zoom. A recording of the talk is sent to all registered participants and is available for up to 30 days after the event.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
No upcoming occurences at this time.