(place mouse over image for larger view)
In this advanced metal clay workshop students will learn techniques to create metal clay jewelry
with moving components. Movement designs include elements that may be hinged
together or have sections that swing and spin.
Topics covered include:
• Techniques for forming small metal clay tubing to be used as hinge knuckles
• Trimming, fitting and attaching tubes to form a hinge
• Creating earring posts with metal clay and wire
• Planning and building individual mechanisms which are then engineered and
attached as freestanding elements to a larger base creating a swinging or
• Designing and building fancy bails from which a stone set pendant swings
While learning students will create a pair of hinged earrings and a pendant with moving
parts. Prior Metal Clay experience is required.
Kit fee of $70 due the first day of class and payable to the instructor. Each student will have a complete set of tools provided to use during class.
Class policies for refunds, transfers and cancelations.
This class requires more experrience with metal clay, like successful completion of two metal clay workshops, like Metal Clay 1, Metal Clay and Argentium and Metal Clay and Stone Setting.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
No upcoming occurences at this time.